Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
summit upper and lowers are probably the cheapest and they work really well and seem to be a quality product

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Actually Note for any and everyone, you can get this same exact rear control arms (still from Blue Oval themselves) and you get subfram connectors as well On Ebay all for the same price! $179.95!( Plus Shipping )
They are doing some deal, so just a fyi for anyone who needs both its a good deal, im prob gunna get them as well. Heres a link:

eBay Motors: 99,00,01,02,03 Mustang Control Arms Subframe Connectors (item 260221888167 end time Mar-26-08 09:01:05 PDT)

·
Registered
569 Posts
do these eliminate wheel hop? and how hard are they to replace

·
Registered
81 Posts
the bottoms are very easy to replace the uppers are bitch if the rear is still in the car kinda. i would get a set of upper and lower adjustable. upr makes a very nice tubular set and its not to expensive either. if you do the uppers you gotta replace the axel housing bushings where the uppers bolt to the rear if you dont there was really no point in replacing them and use poly urathane bushings when you do that

·
Registered
540 Posts
the bottoms are very easy to replace the uppers are bitch if the rear is still in the car kinda. i would get a set of upper and lower adjustable. upr makes a very nice tubular set and its not to expensive either. if you do the uppers you gotta replace the axel housing bushings where the uppers bolt to the rear if you dont there was really no point in replacing them and use poly urathane bushings when you do that
I just did uppers few days ago, theres nothing to it. It took me about an hour, and "hardest" part was replacing the bushing on axle housing. But with good tools its easy too. Just needs to remember that do not take them both off at same time!

I think that poly bushings are not recommended for uppers, cause they increase bind, and stress to the chassis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts