Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my gf's stang into our shop at school to look at it. its a 99 3.8L auto. seen some leaks that need some attention. she said she plans on keeping the car since it seems she needs a co-signer to get a newer car which she cant get. but anyways i seen a little tranny fluid leaking by rear of the tranny. where the output shaft is connected. what is this seal called? and how much would it cost and where to buy? im looking to just buy the seal and then possibly do it myself in school. let me know guys, thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
took my gf's stang into our shop at school to look at it. its a 99 3.8L auto. seen some leaks that need some attention. she said she plans on keeping the car since it seems she needs a co-signer to get a newer car which she cant get. but anyways i seen a little tranny fluid leaking by rear of the tranny. where the output shaft is connected. what is this seal called? and how much would it cost and where to buy? im looking to just buy the seal and then possibly do it myself in school. let me know guys, thanks
It's called an extension housing seal. Don't know the cost.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
might be under rear main seal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts