Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might have purchased the incorrect control arm for my specific setup. I am on BRM lowering springs springs which is a 1.25" claimed drop in the rear. I have the non-adjustable UCA with poly bushing. With a lowered car am I going to run into issues installing this? I obviously have no way to adjust the pinion angle because it is not adjustable. Should I have gotten an adjustable one or would I be okay?

Thanks!

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
If your car is lowered then you should have got an adjustable one to adjust the pinion angle, mine is set to 2.2. You also need the UCA mount. My UCA setup is BMR. Here is the part number for both.. (I have FRPP springs, 1 inch drop)

BMR Adjustable UCA - BMR-UTCA032
BMR UCA mount - BMR-UCM002

Reactions: Dan12gt

·
Registered
254 Posts
If your car is lowered then you should have got an adjustable one to adjust the pinion angle, mine is set to 2.2. You also need the UCA mount. My UCA setup is BMR. Here is the part number for both.. (I have FRPP springs, 1 inch drop)

^ this. Same thing had to do on mine. But they sent me one for the 05-10s. And it does not mount up. Different hardware.

·
Registered
49 Posts

+1

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious....

I know a lot of people lower their cars without ever going to a aftermarket UCA. Would these people not have to correct their pinion angle? I am on the stocker right now as well.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts

+3

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
where is my rep :shiftyeyes jk :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info! REP to you all!

One question though my BMR mount has two mounting locations for the arm to meet the mount toward the top of the car. Id assume the is to adjust pinion angle via the mount instead of the arm?

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
No, those positions do not affect pinion angle. Those positions are for adjusting Instant Center angle.

Install the UCA into the upper-most position.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I gather I think it would be best for me to measure the angle as it is now and after the install. If I am in spec after the install (2-3 negative) then I should be good? If not I guess it would be best to get the adjustable part to dial the angle into recommended spec.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steeda makes a non adj uca for lowered cars. Install was harrowing but it works great. No more ds thud.
Interesting! I wonder how it compares to BMRs non-adjustable. I wish there was some kinda of disclaimer stating theirs is not typically for a lowered car. I guess we'll see how this pans out.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Some customers simply refuse to purchase and install an adjustable UCA.

As for a fixed length arm that is specifically for lowered cars, it may help with noise and vibration...but there is no way that it will set the pinion angle in the proper position for "any" lowered car, unless every method of lowering put the car at the same exact ride height.

You just need to put an adjustable UCA on the car, that is the correct way to go about this situation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts