Modded Mustang Forums banner

Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms

5668 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  BakerFX4
Looking to get some rear LCA's and UCA's for the Mustang sometime after Xmas and was eyeballing the J&M ones from American Muscle, but I found these for even better.

1979-2004 Mustang Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms - Pair w/ Polyurethane Bushings and grease fittings, Mounting bolts and instructions - Black at Blue Oval Industries for your Ford Mustang @ Blue Oval Industries

You guys think those would be a good choice or should I save more and get the J&M ones?
1 - 2 of 18 Posts
if the ad says "fit's all '79-'04, run the other way 'casue new edge cars use diffrent sized lower control arm bolt's. while the same lenght, '79-'98 lca's WILL NOT WORK on new edge cars, new edge lca's WILL WORK on'79-'98's if you drill the mounting holes bigger & use bigger (dia.) bolts.
Apparently, looking at a similar kit from UPR, the kit comes with hardware for both 79-98 and 99-04 Mustangs.
ocasionally they do sell kits that come with hardware/sleeves for both, the kit you had the link to (along with Summit's own brand & most ebay kits) only are for '79-'98's. getting back to the original question, I had J&M's on my car for a couple of years with no problems.
1 - 2 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.