Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me about this... I have found multiple 99-04 valance covers for my 2002 GT but they don't look right to me. Tonight I saw this picture of an 03 Cobra. Can some please tell me where I can get this small piece of black plastic that mounts between the exhaust pipes for a reasonable price? Or at least how I could come about finding one? Thank you

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
what part are you talking about..?? you mean under where it says mustang on the bumper?? i've always thought people just painted it.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
you cant get it seperate. its part of the bumper

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am talking about the black plastic that hugs the pipes and "connects" the two. If it were painted, the indent in the bottom of the bumper would show which makes me believe there is some piece of plastic out there that acts as a cover for the valance.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
there isnt, the only way to get it is with a cobra bumper

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
if you want that style bumper, you have to do what everyone else does A) put on as is B) fill in the letters, or C) cut out the cobra and fill it in with one from another bumper that says mustang

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Cobra bumper and the GT bumper are totally different. You can either get the decal or paint the small area between the pipes on the GT bumper, or you can do the entire Cobra bumper swap.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
found one but it doesn't say mustang or cobra on it...and its all white you'd have to paint the bumper match your car and the valance whatever color you wanted.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Late Model Resto used to sell a shaved one, but I don't think they do anymore...

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok Thank you all for your responses! I will have to check into the cobra bumper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts