Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am waiting for a replacement rim for my aftermarket set, I had my stocks put back on and I noticed that the rear aftermarket tires were just starting to show what looked like uneven wear with more wear on the inside half of the tire, the tires are 295/35 20s.

Can you make alignment adjustments on the rear wheels? Once the new rim comes in and I put the aftermarkets on I want to hopefully be able to get any alignment issues fixed.

Also when upgrading from stock rims to larger and wider aftermarkets is it recommended to get an alignment?

Thanks,

Griff

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I don't think you can get an alignment (ie toe/camber/caster adjustment) for the rear since we have a live rear axle set up and not an IRS. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's not possible to adjust camber how could I fix an issue with rear tires wearing on inside edge?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
You can't adjust camber on a solid axle. I have a feeling one tire might be moving faster than the other. Might be a rear wheel bearing. I'd just check the tire pressure first.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Go to the dealer there is a very slight possibility the rear axle isn't straight. There are no adjustments that will influence tire wear on the rear. An axle that is either bent down in the middle or forward will make the tires wear on the inside edge.

Under inflation will make both the inside and outside wear and over inflation will make the middle wear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts