Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am looking at getting duel exhaust very soon and was wondering where the best place to get a gt bumper is. also i have read that there is some sort of cut out for the stock bumper can anybody shed anny light on this for me. i have looked on here and not really found what im looking for, but im also new so i could have just over looked it. and info would be great thanks.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Check out OEM Parts & OEM Wheels - Original Equipment Parts from NewTakeOff They have some good deals on front and rears
+1 on new take off.

you can cut out the left side of the bumper to match the right side. it isnt difficult to do, but make sure you have either a reliable shop do it, or be careful doing it yourself. it may need touchup paint if you do the cutout instead of getting a gt bumper.

also, the exhaust tips will stick out past the cutout v6 bumper( different lengths depending on what exhaust you go with), which you may or may not like the look of, but it does give it a unique edge.

do you know what exhaust setup you want to do?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rear bumpers are getting tough to find now that the 2010 is out.

As far as cutting the bumper, it is very easy to do yourself. Download the template from www pypesexhaust com (just replace the space with a ".") and print it out "full size", put it in place, trace it out and cut. I used a box cutter because the bumper material is very soft and there isn't anything behind it that you can damage. I actually preferred the look of the V6 cut bumper and only put the GT bumper on because I was rear ended and it was cheaper to get a GT take off and put that on myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.