Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause the rearend on my 99 convertable GT to shift to the right? Just put new tires on it today and noticed that it appears to have shifted to the right about 1/2 an inch or so. Very noticable. Tech at the shop couldn't give me any answers. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Could be a number of things. Sounds like its been wrecked.

Check your left quarter for tape lines/rough edges/etc around the door and deck lid if youre not the original owner. That would be the first sign that it was hit in the left rear. If a good shop did the work and missed and rear end though its possible it wont have tape lines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
To my knowledge the car has never been wrecked. I'm the second owner. There are no tape marks. Carfax says no wrecks. I was thinking panhard bar as well or some other suspension piece. It does seem to have a vibration in the drive train somewhere as well. Didn't know if that would be related or not. What do you all think?

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Its moved for a reason not because "its just like that" and a panhead bar will not fix the problem....If this was a normal occurrence that a panhead par would cure they would be like this from the factory...

·
Banned
491 Posts
im not sure what the bushings are called but a friend another forum had this problem after putting spacers in.. it ended up being bushings, the one on the driver said was fine but the passenge side one was basically nothing.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I was going to say the Upper or Lower control arm bushings......it is definately in the control arms or the mounting points at the chassis.....I would get some new control arms or just get some Poly bushings....

"ED"

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
there is no panhard bar, just 4 control arms

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
youve either ripped a torque box or bent an arm, make sure they didnt lift the car by a control arm and bend it with the lift

1 - 13 of 13 Posts