Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a '06 gt, auto, 3.73's. What are those big weights on the lower control arm mount, axle end? They look like they just bolt on, what purpose do they serve? I also have billet lca's, would it hurt if I took them off?

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
The factory put those on some cars to control harmonic gear noises. I'm not sure what the criteria was. My 08 did not come with them. My friends 08 Bullitt did. I would take them off.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinkin that or something to do with wheel hop. Mine never did wheel hop even with factory lca's. There comin off!! Looks like they weigh about 10lbs or so.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
OK, I have a '06 gt, auto, 3.73's. What are those big weights on the lower control arm mount, axle end? They look like they just bolt on, what purpose do they serve? I also have billet lca's, would it hurt if I took them off?
The factory put those on some cars to control harmonic gear noises. I'm not sure what the criteria was. My 08 did not come with them. My friends 08 Bullitt did. I would take them off.
Exactly. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to cars that got them or not.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I been lookin around, 50/50 when it comes to the cars equipped with them. Im gonna yank them off this weekend.

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
My '06 didn't have them on...but I was VERY glad to get my Steeda LCAs on; makes it somewhat 'snappy' getting into gear now; that's a GOOD 'snappy.'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts