Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had there t 45 tranny rebuilt? I am trying to get an estimate of cost. If it is worth it to rebuild or buy a new one? Any good sites to buy a new tranny. Also what type of tranny should I get if I go new? 96 cobra stock. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found a transmission on ebay

I found a t 45 tranny with a 31 spline for 205.00 on ebay. Says it was rebuilt in 2006. You guys think it is a good buy?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I mean , you can't beat the price if you want to replace what you already broke with something someone else already broke right? Ask the seller why they are selling it if it was just rebuilt in 06. You may want to bite the bullit and upgrade if you are gonna keep the car long term.

·
Registered
590 Posts
That's what I'm planning on doing. I know sooner or later my T45 is going to take a huge dump (hopefully while I'm not in the process of driving across the country) and at that time I plan on swapping in a t56 :)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i have broke too many(5) t45's, i finally got one thats built. for the price or rebuilt, you can get a reman. i had promotion build mine, they have a reman that is better than stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts