Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys. my motor has been pinging and knocking and all kinds of **** lately and im tired of it. this summer (if my motor lasts that long) im planning on doing a 4v rebuild. im gunna find a motor out of a cobra probobly 99-01, do a rebuild. and drop it in my gt. so ive got a few questions. i know the basics and i know about the task at hand but im wondering what all exactly i need for the swap, and also will i be able to bolt up my t-45 transmission or will i need to get another to go with the new motor. list anything you think neccesary that i may need so i dont run into too many problems along the way. thanks guys! i appreciate it

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i have not done the swap myself but just from reading...the motor is all bolt up, as for the tranny a different bellhousing and a modified crossmember are required...but if you can get your hands on that t56 i say buck up and get it...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
barely any! Like 63k its pissing me off man
Think on the bright side, it could be worse...blew my engine at 28k then put a motor from a boneyard (ran great when i put it in)...now at 35k this motor is about to blow...worst part is that i do not run my car hard at all...i had some really bad luck with a tune shop, still working out the problems they created.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts