Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an 88 mustang GT triple white convertible to rebuild. Decided to start on the interior, mainly because heater core was leaking. While I have it stripped I am trying to do any upgrades or repairs so the dash is only out once. Let me know if you see anything I may be missing.

1. Heater core
2. Replaced stock clutch quadrant with UPR Aluminum clutch quadrant.
3. Rewired Fog light switch to prevent overloading headlight switch.
4. Vinyl Wrapped Dash with black vinyl due to gouges from previous owner.
5. Upgrading stereo new radio with components in doors.
6. Installing alarm (auto windows, proximity, etc etc) and hidden k40 radar detector.
7. Dynamatting everything and running 4 gauge to trunk for multiple amps.
8. Will do 4g alternator upgrade to prevent burning up 75 amp alternator(already purchased).
9. While in doors replaced the plugs in window motors and white lithium on all slides.
10. Found melted connector at ignition switch replaced ignition switch and harness connector.

Is there anything else I should do,check,or cool ideas I can add while the interior is removed?

·
Registered
458 Posts
If It were me I would....

Install the kit with the quadrant, firewall adjuster and cable,
opt for a new/used dash instead of vinyl wrapped,
Do you already have a K40? I have an undetectable still in the box.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit has the quadrant and firewall adjuster. Already have the k40. As far as the dash went to junkyard they wanted $100 and was faded only cost $15 for black vinyl and looks like it is brand new. If I could figure out how to post pics I would.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The kit has the quadrant and firewall adjuster. Already have the k40. As far as the dash went to junkyard they wanted $100 and was faded only cost $15 for black vinyl and looks like it is brand new. If I could figure out how to post pics I would.
Step one: Create Photobucket account.

Step two: upload pics

Step three: link pics to your post

·
Registered
458 Posts
Need better pics!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Here this is much easier then clicking a link....I fixed it for you

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
that does look really nice, how hard was it to do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The hardest part is removing the dash. All you need is good trim adhesive, black vinyl, razor knife, and a heat gun. Practice working with the vinyl on a small piece so you know how much heat you can apply before the vinyl will melt, and how far it will stretch before the material starts to distort. Once you get the hang of it, it is real easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts