Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently rebuilding my engine and i have some questions first off its going to be a stock bottom end I already have
GT40 iron heads gasket matched to go on the new motor
1.7rr
a C&L 76mm
stock headers and off road x
now i want to do an intake,tb, injectors probably long tube headers
what intake do any of you recommend? i was thinking trick flow track heat or holley systemax?
i was also thinking a 75mm tb and 30# injectors with a 190 or 255lph pump
do you think this will be a good set up which intake and should i just go with 24# inj? also how much rwhp do you think this combo will have Im hoping to get 280-300 rwhp are my goals to high? what would it take to get that?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I would consider a polished GT40 intake. Better price and more power under 5500-6000 then the TF or the Holley. If you were going with some combination of boost, more cu inches, or running much greater than 6250, maybe not.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i am currently rebuilding my engine and i have some questions first off its going to be a stock bottom end I already have
GT40 iron heads gasket matched to go on the new motor -Upgrade the springs
1.7rr
a C&L 76mm -What is it calibrated for?
stock headers and off road x -Better headers, shorties and you wont have to change your x-pipe
now i want to do an intake,tb, injectors probably long tube headers
what intake do any of you recommend? i was thinking trick flow track heat or holley systemax? -With these heads, Explorer
i was also thinking a 75mm tb and 30# injectors -Why? with a 190 or 255lph pump do you think this will be a good set up which intake and should i just go with 24# inj? -19 poundinjectors will be enough, but again what is the MAF calibrated to? also how much rwhp do you think this combo will have Im hoping to get 280-300 rwhp are my goals to high? -Not even close, 230 hp would be my guess. what would it take to get that? -Heads and a good cam, speaking of cam what do you intend to use
I have listed my comments in red, these are the things you need to think about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already upgraded the springs
currently the C&l is for 19# but a calibration tube is all i need if i get new injectors
The guy i bought the GT40's from had them and cam, etc. he said he ran it with stock injectors for a while and when he got a bigger maf and 24# inj. that the car ran a lot better so I don't know
i want to do long tubes because the off road x i have now i don't like it was an exhaust shop made not store bought and it doesn't fit like it should so im going to change it.
Im thinking of using the e303 cam with the 1.7's i dont think i can go any bigger with the cam if i use 1.7's and stock pistons.
there is no doubt in my mind it will make more than 230 hp i had a notch bout 3 years ago with stock air filter ,stock maf, stock tb, stock intake, stock heads all i did was grind the hump on the exhaust side off, i put a tfs 1 cam and bbk lt's with off road h and no tune it made 211 rwhp

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
24# will be good and just go ahead and get the 255 lph and a fuel pressure regulator.....if your goin with gt40 heads then a gt40 intake will go good with that especialy if you have the lower part ported and polished....bbk makes nice long tubes and h or x pipes.......there are some better off the shelf cams to look at than the ford racing ones

·
Registered
193 Posts
sell the gt40 heads. buy the trick flow kit from summitracing.com along with longtubes and x or hpipe. should make 280ish rwhp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts