Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought an 01 cobra with a bottom end knock. I pulled the pan and found that connecting rod for cylinder 5 is sheared closer to the crank than the actual piston. The way it broke marked up a tiny bit of the block about 10mm long but deep enough to where I can grab it with my finger nail. Other than the shavings in the pan I couldn't find much other damage. My question is; I plan on doing all of the work myself and replacing most of the rotating assembly other than the crank as well as maybe a cam and minor upper end stuff. I also plan on resleveing and machining the cylinders. I am just torn between remachining the block or replacing it (I'm 90% my block is a WAP not a teksid). My plans for the car are going to be geared more towards round track stuff so Im not worried about having the engine ready for upwards of 500-600 hp. So I was wondering if you guys could give me an ballpark price of what I would be looking for both remachinging the block or just replacing it, as well as other places I may want to look for damage or other parts worth swapping out (other than blots and gaskets). Thanks a bunch really appreciate it guys. First post and Ive been working of Fbody cameras for most of my life so this is a new thing for me and I fell sort of lost lol. Thanks a bunch again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts