Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title says, I just cant afford to have a shop rebuild it so I am thinking of doing it myself. Its mainly the syncros from what I can tell. Its doesnt want to go into 1st, reverse, pops out of second and doesnt like to shift when I stand on it. From what I have watched and read it doesnt look that hard. I plan on buying a 2nd trans from a junkyard or craigslist and a t-45 rebuild kit. Just a few questions tho.

1.) I more than likely will only fing GT t-45's. I know the tail shafts are different than the Cobra so I will just swap mine to the GT's trans. Is it as straight forward like I have read?
2.) Can anyone recommend a good t-45 kit thats stronger than OEM?

The goals for this car is to have the motor pushing 450whp+ next summer. I have looked into the T-56 swap but the motor/supercharger will eat all the money.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
only different with the 96-98 t45s was something to do with 3rd gear. the tail shafts should of been the same to my knowledge. whatever the difference was with the cobra trans was, all the 99+ t45's got the same treatment. if you were to find a 99+ t45, swap tailshaft, speedo pick up, you would have a stock 96-98 cobra trans.

as for the rebuild kits, contact promotion if you want aftermarket kit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts