Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lady plowed into me with her SUV a few months ago, so I decided to take advantage of the situation by replacing some of my stock parts with aftermarket ones. I already had a bit of a retro theme going before the wreck with Bullitt wheels, louvers, and rear blackout panel, so I decided to carry on with that theme by adding a '67 Shelby GT500 replica hood, a center fog light grille, hood pins, a Sheby GT lower front fascia, and GT500KR mufflers. It all came together well (I think), and the exhaust note is amazing. Enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have those mufflers too and love them, I hope you enjoy yours and your rebuilt GT

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have those mufflers too and love them, I hope you enjoy yours and your rebuilt GT
Thanks. Yeah, I researched and listened to tons of sound clips before deciding on the KR mufflers. They seemed like one of the best options for getting a decent growl/roar without drone. I was just a little concerned they wouldn't be deep enough since you can't really "feel" the rumble in sound clips, but I wasn't disappointed - they're perfect.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I like everything but the hood pins. New hood is awesome though!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like everything but the hood pins. New hood is awesome though!
Yeah, seems like some like the pins and some don't (I do since they go with the retro theme), but they were an absolute necessity. No matter how much I adjusted the new hood, it would float like crazy at interstate speed. It's solid now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all i have to say is... :drool :drool :drool :drool
Thanks ... I have to admit that at first I thought your emoticon was vomiting, and I was gonna ask what you hated the car so much, but then I realized it was drooling. LOL. :D

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Yeah, seems like some like the pins and some don't (I do since they go with the retro theme), but they were an absolute necessity. No matter how much I adjusted the new hood, it would float like crazy at interstate speed. It's solid now.
Yeah it differs person to person...I think mostly, like Nasty said, the lanyards are what kill it...still gorgeous car though:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it differs person to person...I think mostly, like Nasty said, the lanyards are what kill it...still gorgeous car though:D
Yeah, definitely different strokes for different folks on things like that. I've always been partial to the lanyards since the old Shelby my dad's boss had when I was a kid had them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts