Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was trying to get behind the intake to check the fuel pressure regulator and i was fighting with the recall wires and big ass switches is there anyway to get rid of them and why was the recall done back in the day?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
you mean the salt and pepper shakers?

no you can't get rid of them, but if you disconnect them from the intake manifold (I think you still have stock junk) then you can tuck them down by the PCV valve and out of the way.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
The recall was done because of the idle issues with these cars. They thought that those connectors didn't have enough slack on the wires and the tension was causing the connectors to fail. The fix was the extension harness, which only creates more of an issue because now you have 4 connections to fail instead of 2. The extension harnesses can be removed with no issues.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
+1 to what fogged said. I forgot that part of your post.

BTW, why did you pull the blower for the summer?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i took it off because i can run 87octane and it gets better gas mileage with it off and im also starting a new job 30miles from my house so i need to save some gas for now lol

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
makes sense. blows ass you have to do it though.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Wife goes through a bit over a 100 bucks a week in our tahoe (70+ mi round trip) and I go through about 60 bucks a week in her Vert (52 mi round trip if I go just to work and back). That doesn't count any weekend driving. 30 miles round trip is peanuts, lol. Just sell yourself an hour at a time to make extra money to run the blower.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
oh 30 round trip isn't that bad.

my work is 16-17 miles one way, so I make a 32-34mile trip 5 days a week.

but I get 35mpg in a focus DD, lawl

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I have a company truck, so gas mileage and distance doesn't affect me at all, I almost never drive my own cars:p

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
pussys.... my stang is my DD. 347 cubic inches of pure gas guzzling titties and ass

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I have a company truck, so gas mileage and distance doesn't affect me at all, I almost never drive my own cars:p
Lucky bastard. We can't take our vans home for two reasons. Some of us, like me, live further away which would add to his gas bill, and 2, he gets a better insurance rate having them stored in the shop overnight. That and with a ladder rack, none of us would get them in our own garages anyway. Only the bidding/scheduling/office guys get to take a truck home. But they are shitter little rangers, lol.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Lucky bastard. We can't take our vans home for two reasons. Some of us, like me, live further away which would add to his gas bill, and 2, he gets a better insurance rate having them stored in the shop overnight. That and with a ladder rack, none of us would get them in our own garages anyway. Only the bidding/scheduling/office guys get to take a truck home. But they are shitter little rangers, lol.
Ya, our main shop is over an hour and a half away, and we get a work orders faxed to us, other wise I'm sure they would have us take our trucks to the shop. Some guys that live near our shop do have to take there trucks in every day. But were also on call, so it makes it easy to just pick up and go if there's an emergency

·
Registered
61 Posts
The island I live on (St. Croix) is only 84 square miles and 32 linear miles from point to point so the stang reamains the DD. Gas is up to $3.29 though and even though I work in the refinery that makes the stuff I get absolutely no discount...sucks

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The island I live on (St. Croix) is only 84 square miles and 32 linear miles from point to point so the stang reamains the DD. Gas is up to $3.29 though and even though I work in the refinery that makes the stuff I get absolutely no discount...sucks
3.29 a gallon ? i wish it were that cheap here

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
4 some thing, i cant remember, i don't buy gas that much but when i do i don't really look at the price. I'm sure when my project is done ill be paying attention then ....lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts