Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know how much it would be to recarpet a foxbody? perfurably someone that has done it before, and if it could be done at home in stead of paying installation.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Just make sure you purchase the carpet with "mass backing" if you don't want to hear all the driving noise.

Just unbolt the seats and center console, pull old carpet out and lay it out on your lawn and use as a template for the new carpet. Piece of cake just takes a little bit of time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea im on late model restoration and thats what they said. the only reason that i wasnt going to get a foxbody is because i didnt want to drive around in a dirty car but i didnt think that it was this cheep to do it myself

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Yeah I would definately spend a few extra bucks and get the molded carpet. by the time you rent a steamer and do it right you will have saved that money getting the pre cut and molded carpet. Not sure if thats what mustank got but i have seen them for about the price he said 100-150 bucks.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Moldy carpet smells good!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I would definately spend a few extra bucks and get the molded carpet. by the time you rent a steamer and do it right you will have saved that money getting the pre cut and molded carpet. Not sure if thats what mustank got but i have seen them for about the price he said 100-150 bucks.
yea i have add so the whole measuring and cutting thing would really to go well with me but yea thats deff worth it

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
it's easy as can be, get the pre-molded carpet and take a couple hours and it will be better than new

1 - 15 of 15 Posts