Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips or tricks for the install? I've done this kind of thing before, so it should be a breeze, but if you have something that you think is helpful, don't hesitate.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
lol i also recieved and installed my mgw today, wellsure your car is in neutral, makes it alot easier to get the shifter in the right place, dont let any of the old rtv fall into the top of the tranny...your gonna love this thing!!! in order to get my handle even shorter, the directions say to use the little rubber gromet they include to put inside the factory inner dust bood and slide it on the shaft down to where the shaft goes from 7/16" to 7/8". you will see what i mean, but i did not use the gromet they send and i put the inner dust boot around the shaft just below the 7/8" portion and then i attached the handle all the way down...it is a dream to use, i have all but tried to miss third, i let a friend who is a girl of mine shift into third from the passenger seat and she was like holly ****!!! the springs are tight, but i like it...last tip is dont over tighten the bolts that hold the shifter to the top of the tranny, its aluminum and very easy to strip or break those holes off...that would suck major ass....oh and have fun!!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
The only difficulty I found during my install was the removal of top shifter plate that retains the actual shifter. It acts as though it is stuck and requires some @?>#%*)!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts