Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess with the tax return i'm going to replace my radiator and get a fan shroud. I would like to go with a 4 core but want to know where I could get the best deal and what I should go with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Radiator

I have a 70 with a 460 and run a Griffin which works great but I also ran a stock repacement radiator for a 69-70 428 car and never had an issue.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well maybe i'll go and try having it rodded out and cleaned really good. I got in contact through a local hot rod club with a guy that is really good. I'm also going to put a filter on the top coolant line going into the rad because I heard that the ford blocks are notorious for producing some rust in the coolant jackets and then depositing it in the radiator.

·
Registered
53 Posts
have your radiator guy re-position the inlet tube to the drivers side of the tank. The coolant will have significantly more room to cool before going back into your block. I did this on my stock 3 row ford radiator and it cooled an extra 20 degrees on a hot day. Well worth the 50 bucks in labor and saved me $ over buying an alum unit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts