Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to have steel toe boots for work and the ones I currently have I picked up from Wal-Mart for like $30 when I first started the job since I was pretty much broke. They're not real comfortable but I can at least get through my 9.5hr shifts with them. But yesterday the inner part of my ankle (just above it) started to hurt pretty bad. It's happened a few times before and a few hours of staying off it took care of it. But now it's been over 24 hours and I can barely walk on it because of the pain. I'm guessing my cheap ass boots are to blame. So now I need something relatively comfortable that isn't going to break the bank. Preferably something that one of ya'll has used before.

·
Editor
3,490 Posts
The only time I wore boots of any sort was when I played very realistic Airsoft with loadouts similar to and using brands of military apparel. Not sure if they were steel-toed but they were comfy being on your feet for 7-8 hours through hills and brush. Also not cheap but they last a long time!

They were Bates boots. Here is the link to their Work/Uniform boots. They have some steel-toed ones on their site. Highly recommend the brand for whatever use it may be.
Boots & Shoes - Police & Military Boots & Shoes - Batesfootwear.com

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only time I wore boots of any sort was when I played very realistic Airsoft with loadouts similar to and using brands of military apparel. Not sure if they were steel-toed but they were comfy being on your feet for 7-8 hours through hills and brush. Also not cheap but they last a long time!

They were Bates boots. Here is the link to their Work/Uniform boots. They have some steel-toed ones on their site. Highly recommend the brand for whatever use it may be.
Boots & Shoes - Police & Military Boots & Shoes - Batesfootwear.com
Those aren't too badly priced. If the company I work for hires me on full-time, they'll pay $90 towards a pair of boots each year.

I owned a pair of steel toe boots from wal mart.... Never again! They were so damn uncomfortable and hurt my feet.
No kidding man. I've been hobbling between my chair, the couch, the kitchen, and the bathroom as little as possible since yesterday afternoon.

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
Red wings are the best boot I have ever worn. Check the labels. They have a made in china line that are good but not as good as the American made ones.
I've got 2 pairs of red wing riding boots,2 pair of lace up work boots and a pair of hiking boots and shoes. I don't mind paying more for quality.
The first pair i ever bought was 16 years ago. Those boots lasted me 12 years throw winters and mud. They stayed waterproof the entire time and got incredibly comfortable. They are triple stitched and are made to last.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Yep, Redwings. I've worked as a chef for a few decades. Walking and standing for way too many hours a day and Redwings are my shoes/boots of choice.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
I have said this time and time again. "Don't be cheap when it comes to your shoes and your tools" You rely on both to make a living.

I wear Red Wings. I will not wear anything else. I am harder on my boots than probably anyone here. I have burned holes in my boots, melted soles, ground through soles, been exposed to various chemicals. Not to mention, I weigh 280lbs. I go through 2 pairs a year on average. All bs aside, my feet don't hurt for one reason. I wear good boots.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide App

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
I have said this time and time again. "Don't be cheap when it comes to your shoes and your tools" You rely on both to make a living.

I wear Red Wings. I will not wear anything else. I am harder on my boots than probably anyone here. I have burned holes in my boots, melted soles, ground through soles, been exposed to various chemicals. Not to mention, I weigh 280lbs. I go through 2 pairs a year on average. All bs aside, my feet don't hurt for one reason. I wear good boots.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide App
Exactly...

I also remove my insoles and spray Lysol everywhere usually every night, keeps athlete's foot away and makes your boots NOT STINK!

·