Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

Having problems with my car's CEL coming on and it going into what I can only describe as a temporary "limp mode" when I really get into the throttle. I can go WOT through 1, 2 or 3 gears with full power and no issues, then, when I let off the throttle, the CEL comes on for anywhere between 2-10 seconds, at which time the car feels as though the fuel's been cut when I touch the throttle. However, each time, the CEL always does shut off within the above stated 2-10 seconds. I can't figure out what the problem is...

I just had the car dynoed yesterday and everything checked out with a very healthy 466RWHP/446RWTQ at 12:1 A/F ratio. The Pro-M 80mm MAF was, however, pegging out at nearly 5 volts (4.996 or something like that).

So, I'm curious if this could be a problem with the MAF being overrun?? I really don't know as I'm no kind of pro when it comes to tuning. I speak the jargon and get what most of it means, but don't really know what causes what in matters like this, etc.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. If anyone needs me to elaborate on anything further, I would be happy to do so to the best of my ability.

Cheers,

Danny

1 - 1 of 1 Posts