Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so ive had my car now for about a year or so and the whole time ive had it ive always thought this little red light that sits on the left side of the dash board below where the pull button for your lights are at was nothing but a dummy light. to kind of like give the appearence of there being an alarm system maybe or something. well...yesterday i was pulling apart the side floor board to install some wiring for a remote bass knob i was setting up and i decided to pull off the little interior piece where the hood release is at since it was kind of loose and just pretty much dangling. well theres always been this little 2 way rocker switch there and ive tried turning it on and off before and it does nothing so i didnt think it was connected to anything maybe a fog light setup at one time in the past or something. anyway...i find out the lile rocker switch really is hooked up to a neg and pos wire and actualy runs to something....i ended up flipping the switch a few times to pin point it and noticed that it was shutting that lil dummy light on and off...later on that night i get off of work and go to unlock my car and the second i go to open the door....a freaking alarm starts going off! i had to put the key in the ignition to stop it. do our mustangs come stock with this? and if so how in the hell do i enable it cuz i tried doing it again and nothing happened.

Rich

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
im in a similar boat man, i have a little light that sits on my dash too... can't figure it but sounds like its in the exact same freakin spot... do you have an alarm horn in your engine bay by your battery?? I tracked the whole system once and though i found a head unit for it but i have no idea man

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah theres a horn in my engine bay but i thought it was just my horn on my steering wheel lol yeah theres like a lil insert panel i guess where the rear window defroster switch/button would go on like the gt models and stuff and right next to that is this red LED light bulb

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts

does your set up look kinda like that??

maybe we can figure out what kinda system it is and get remotes for them... i have always wanted a remote lock for my car

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not exactly sure where those last two pictures are at in relation to the motor or ...anywhere at all lol un what are you trying to show in the second pic? take like a photo program and circle the stuff your pointing out. my horn is up against the driverside firewall. and yes a remote would be kool as **** lol

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
2. where the wires pass through the firewall
3. where the wires to the horn come from and kinda go to...
4. where the wires ended up... all this is under the dash on the drivers side

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I do have remote locks and an alarm...so I'm not in the same situation. However, I was under the impression that ALL mustangs made in '97 or later came stock with a passive anti-theft system. I think that light is part of that system. As far as the rocker switch...IDK. Maybe you have a active anti-theft system as well. BTW as far as getting a remote...good luck. The remote for my car is really buggy and I need a new one. Problem is they don't make them any more and you can't order them. That means to fix the problem I'll need to buy a whole new alarm system:(

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The remote for my car is really buggy and I need a new one. Problem is they don't make them any more and you can't order them. That means to fix the problem I'll need to buy a whole new alarm system:(
dont feel bad, i lost the remote for my alarm so i had to remove the entire system :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts