Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
You don't know anything about MSD do you? I makes multiple full strength sparks for 20 deg crank rotation (multiple spark discharge) and they make one full strength spark at high rpm. On stock, the spark gets weaker the faster the engine spins.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i would like to see it make a power difference over the stock ignition. on a blown car getting spark blowout, sure it would. just dont see it making a noticeable difference otherwise. jmo. do it to it bo diddly and get some track times.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Will do. Also going to see what coilovers will do. I think having it lower will drop my wind resistance. I just have to get some struts.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Nice build, I just stumbled onto this.

That is very impressive for a 3.9. That is some hi rpms as well pulling hard to 6.5k.

I think it is funny that you drive a mustang and am a GM technician. I as well drive a mustang and am a GM technician. haha. It is just cuz GM is easy to work on but mustangs are BA!!!!

Are you running any more beefed up on the valve train such as hardened pushrods, guide plates? Or no? I see the RR.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
You don't know anything about MSD do you? I makes multiple full strength sparks for 20 deg crank rotation (multiple spark discharge) and they make one full strength spark at high rpm. On stock, the spark gets weaker the faster the engine spins.
Link to this MSD product? Just curious to check it out

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Nice build, I just stumbled onto this.

That is very impressive for a 3.9. That is some hi rpms as well pulling hard to 6.5k.

I think it is funny that you drive a mustang and am a GM technician. I as well drive a mustang and am a GM technician. haha. It is just cuz GM is easy to work on but mustangs are BA!!!!

Are you running any more beefed up on the valve train such as hardened pushrods, guide plates? Or no? I see the RR.
Hardened longer pushrods, guide plates. RRs, LS6 springs with GT retainers.

Link to this MSD product? Just curious to check it out
http://www.msdperformance.com/Products/Ignitions/Distributorless_Ignitions/Ignitions/62152_-_MSD_DIS-4_Plus_Distributorless_4_Channel.aspx
http://www.msdperformance.com/product.aspx?id=4713

·
Registered
2,267 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yes they are a waste spark setup.

And I figured you had to have something in the valve train to stabalize that pulling to 6.5k.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts