Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of u know i was involved in a wreck in december of last year during an ice storm well i am ready to replace my steering wheel and passenger side dash I dont care if i have an airbag or not I found black replacements for my car but will black passenger dash and steering wheel look good with a black car that has tan interior here is the parts

heres just the delete
1994-2004 Mustang Air Bag Delete Black Brand new Wheel | eBay

heres the dash part im talking about its just where the airbag comes out
1994-2004 Mustang Air Bag Delete Black Passenger Side | eBay
a better look
1994-2004 Mustang Air Bag Delete Passenger Side | eBay

and heres the steering wheels im thinkn about

the retro
MOMO Retro Mustang Steering Wheel at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

the race
MOMO Tuner Mustang Steering Wheel at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

will these steering wheels hook up to the horn??? i know stupid question.

and if u have any idea where i can look for replacement parts that would be great too thanks!

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
"Technical Notes. Momo Steering Wheels require the use of a Steering Wheel Hub Adapter, sold separately. 1990-2004 Mustangs require the use of a pre-1990 Horn Contact Switch in conjunction with the Hub Adapter. You will lose the use of the steering wheel airbag with the installation of this wheel."

from AM's page about the wheel. So you'll probably need one of those contact switches, though I am not experienced with what that is. Also that wheel requires a different base, or hub, for the wheel, so you'll need to order that optional piece for an extra ~$75. I'd look into the work for the horn switch if possible, I'll do a quick search and see if I find anything real quick too.

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
"89 Mustang E7ZZ-13A821-B This is for tilt wheel."

Found in another forum's post....so you'll probably need to find a place where you can order that part, the "E7ZZ....-B" section being the Ford part #. From what I gathered it's a discontinued part, and I'm almost certain there would be electrical work to be done in order to make it all compatible. I'd probably just recommend finding a part-out or stock replacement wheel, I bet it'd be a lot less hassle.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
as far as the airbag deletes go just paint them parchment with interior paint then you wouln't have to worry about the black.

with the steering wheels you listed you don't need the driverside air bag.

just be advised though that air bag deletion is grounds for instant policy cancellation from some insurance companies if you get caught.

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
as far as the airbag deletes go just paint them parchment with interior paint then you wouln't have to worry about the black.

with the steering wheels you listed you don't need the driverside air bag.

just be advised though that air bag deletion is grounds for instant policy cancellation from some insurance companies if you get caught.
I have also heard certain States inspect for them, kind of a smog-test style inspection. What States do this though, I am not sure.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
Here is another option for airbag delete Unique ABS Plastic Products - RearSeatDelete.com

Though you could get in another wreck and this time instead of having an airbag to protect you, you will just have a nice soft windshield to smack into. That Momo steering wheel will probably bend nicely when you hit it with your chest.

Just bustin' your balls, but seriously it isn't that smart to have no airbags for a street driven car.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true i just dont have 800$ to put down for air bags im on a real tight budget at the moment :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts