Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an immaculate 04 with leather, but i had an accident/flood and the place basically destroyed my car.

Whatever they did to treat the seats and leather for the water damaged pretty much ruined it. And my door panels seem like they are an inch too thick. As in they sit two finger widths toward the inside of the car further than the dash does....

Anyway what can i do to kind of refresh the car? Should i look for Cobra interior or resto parts? or just try and have it treated? any suggestion would really be appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The damage wasnt that bad i mean they didnt total the car, but i had to take it because i had to drive the car and my girl home before i deployed (where i am now). So i wont be able to get any pics. Most of the damage was done by the place Progressive had fix it, they left cuts everywhere and dried out the seats so bad they look ten years older, the stuffing is all mishapen in the seats. The claims still open with progressive...

How hard is it to find cobra covers? should i just get new seats? this car is the only thing im going to have when i get out of the military and i want to have a nice paid off car incase i have trouble finding a job or whatever.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a place you can get reproduction or resto stuff for New Edges though? or do i just have to find a chop shop or something.... Joking, i mean do i have to try and find a wrecked cobra? My friend bought an 06 and just ordered leather seat covers almost a year later that he bought from the dealer i think...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Is there a place you can get reproduction or resto stuff for New Edges though? or do i just have to find a chop shop or something.... Joking, i mean do i have to try and find a wrecked cobra? My friend bought an 06 and just ordered leather seat covers almost a year later that he bought from the dealer i think...
latemodelrestoration.com has some stuff

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man LRS has exactly what i was looking for, you can even customize it. Im getting the regular black and grey cobra seats with a GT instead of the snake. Really appreciate it Rep

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Go after Progressive to get your car all new interior or total the car.

Insurance companies are notorious for trying to dry out vehicle interiors.
It can't be done with most cars due to the material they use in manufacturing.

You need everything replaced, don't settle for anything less. If you need to get an attorney to represent you in the claim.

·
Registered
714 Posts
A junkyard would be your best bet, finding a wrecked GT with a decent interior shouldn't be too hard, plus then you can take pretty much anything and everything that you need, I would recommend this over trying to purchase all new stuff from LMR. Plus I don't believe that LMR sells the foam and everything for the seats, and putting new covers over a ruined seat is like polishing a turd. Find a GT w/low miles hit front or rear and snag the interior, don't forget to haggle with them because they will want a lot right away but they like $ so you can usually work them down. Also stay away from places that specialize in wrecked mustangs, as they tend to ask a premium for their parts. You could also check other mustang forums. Hope this helps and good luck! :)

Go after Progressive to get your car all new interior or total the car.

Insurance companies are notorious for trying to dry out vehicle interiors.
It can't be done with most cars due to the material they use in manufacturing.

You need everything replaced, don't settle for anything less. If you need to get an attorney to represent you in the claim.
+1 don't go at them alone, knowing your legal rights is something that a lot of people overlook!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how do i know if the foam is ruined? i mean it doesnt smell or anything, but yeah LMR does sell those too. If it comes down to it 'll just get Corbeau's or something but i'd rather not. I want my car to be an awesome touring car i need the reliable transportation for my future of getting out of the military so a strip car really isnt an option

1 - 17 of 17 Posts