Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using any of these after belt slip issues? I am looking at getting 2.90 RR pulley for 100 bucks. Seems like a fair enough deal. And I am running a larger procharger idler pulley that helps the belt to wrap around the blower pulley more. I dont think it would slip. Im running the 3.20 without any evidence of slip. Thoughts?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
you might be able to.. is this with your 8 rib setup or still 6? i have a 2.8" RR and i haven't noticed it slip.. then again i never revved the car high enough to tell.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I used to run a 2.8" RR pulley when I was 6 rib. I got some dust when I would first replace the belt (signs of slipping). But it gripped well. Bought it of ebay for 35 shipped because of a mis spelling.

Right now I'm running a 3" 8 rib vortech renegade pulley with a 8" innovators west crank pulley. Thinking of going to a 2.8 8 rib RR Pulley and a meth/alchy injection. Then maybe next winter a YSI-trim.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6 rib still. Ima send the part numbers for the 8 rib setup to the dealership and get them to fax me my price on it back to the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.