Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the relay that is located just to the rear of the battery, tucked in the fenderwell, towards the firewall is for?

I asked my mechanic why i'm experiencing a fuel cutoff , of course intermittent, that heals itself in 6 hours, then the car starts like nothing wrong. He told me about this relay, called it a fuel pump relay, said it's expensive, and to replace it. I checked for the location of the pump relay, and it's in the underhood fusebox, and only costs $14.00.

Any idea what the relay he's taking about is? what it does? I;m getting tired of towing it or asking permission to let it sit.

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
fuel pump relay is inexpensive. you can swap it out yourself. Im not sure where it is located at on yours but if the mechanic is saying its going to be an expensive part then I would hate to see how much labor is going to be.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I know the fuel pump relay is in the underhood fusebox and it's only 14 bucks at advance autoparts. I'm curious what the relay he's talking about is. it's a simple plug and play but trying to understand what the he** it is?

He just reached into the fenderwell, just rear of the battery and pulled out this plugged in relay and said this is it.....

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
if you are referring to location if youve got a manual you can look it up and it will tel you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts