Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of it depends on how well the car was put together.

But for those of you running a turbo or supercharger setup, how reliable has your car been?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
10 years and no problems except for intake gaskets and oil seals. It's not a daily driver though. With normal non boost driving, it is like any other fox body. When in it with boost, its just like anything that creates more power than stock, things get pushed closer to limits (tires, axles, trans, u-joints, torque boxes, etc)

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Pretty much like no life said. Eventually the blowbye the car gets will push a few gaskets out here and there (not head gaskets). Thats the only extra maintinence. It all depends on how well you put it together mechanically and the tune.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
like no life said. when your not in boost its like driving any other NA car

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
If its built properly it shouldn't make any different boosted or otherwise. I daily a boosted vw with no issues. And if your worried about blowing seals get a breather to let out the extra pressure and you won't have any issues

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Just make sure your pcv system is vented to atmosphere and not putting boost in your crankcase. Ive dd a 600 rwhp supercharged car before and never had an engine issue or had to replace a gasket, everything was vented properly tho. Two years or more I drove it, got 20mpg on premium too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts