Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my control arms but didn't get the relocation brackets are they a must have or one of those parts that just helps but really isn't a necessity? I have never heard of them before aside from really fast cars needing them.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
If you lower your Stang, then you will need them. Not a necessity for stock ride height
Need is subjective. It's another tuning tool that is for sure and one that can be useful to both the straight line guys and the corner carving guys. If you are at stock ride height you don't need them. Even if you are lowered 1"-1.25" in the rear you don't really NEED them. It is nice to have as one more way to fine tune the suspension though.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Why shouldn't you get adj lcas? im planning on purchasing some soon and wasn't sure whether to get adj or not, i already know i'm getting relo brackets

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
Why shouldn't you get adj lcas? im planning on purchasing some soon and wasn't sure whether to get adj or not, i already know i'm getting relo brackets
Because not having them the same length can cause problems ranging from dog tracking to suspension bind. It's just easier to use non-adjustable units for less headache.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Because not having them the same length can cause problems ranging from dog tracking to suspension bind. It's just easier to use non-adjustable units for less headache.
+1^ :yes

the only real positive use for adjustable lowers is to center the wheel/tire assembly in the wheel opening when running very large dia. tires (ie. 29"+) & they can help a drag racer dial in ic some what (but they are far from the first way or the best way)

they don't relly have a practial use on 99.99% of cars.

on the other hand, BMR lca relocation brackets (others aren't really in the same league & I personally would never, ever use any relocation brackets other than BMR) have a multitude of positives & no real negatives, IMO they should be installed on any car that sees track time.

Reactions: rooroodi

·
Registered
711 Posts
good to know, wasn't sure which to get but that def clears it up. Thanks whiskey and casper

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
Like the guys said, and I recommend ordering them

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
The red definitely looks great. I should have gone with that color myself.

I have the BMR LCAs, relocation brackets and weld in sub frame connectors in hammertone black.

Anyone know why Ford didn't paint the differential housings on these cars? We paid enough for them, I would think that a coat of paint isn't too much to ask for, is it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
My che relos only have 1 hole, but they angle the lca slightly down toward the axle so the grip outta the hole is good. Haven't had any binding issues yet but haven't nailed the twisties too hard since its still wet and cold here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts