1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
it is a bad idea IMO (& most other folks that will be honest with you) to e-mail tune a blower car.

best thing to do is just go to a tuner by whatever means nessesary.

if for some reason you can't/wouln't go to a tuner localy, the only person I would trust a blower car with to e-mail tune (if he will even do it) is Joe, Trick Tuners

he's also an active menber on here so you can contact him here as well.

good luck & I hope everything works out well for you.

·
Daily Driven
68 Posts
ive had eric do a remote tune for my turbo setup (im not a fan of my local tuner) I was happy car ran great put out nice numbers.

I`ve heard really good things about tricktuners aswell so either way if you gotta remote tune you cant go wrong with either place

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
so what, they tune your car basically with a local guys shop?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I've never done it but I think you datalog your car and e-mail them the datalog. They e-mail you a tune that you can upload in a hand held. You use the hand held to down load the tune into your car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
it is a bad idea IMO (& most other folks that will be honest with you) to e-mail tune a blower car.

best thing to do is just go to a tuner by whatever means nessesary.

if for some reason you can't/wouln't go to a tuner localy, the only person I would trust a blower car with to e-mail tune (if he will even do it) is Joe, Trick Tuners

he's also an active menber on here so you can contact him here as well.

good luck & I hope everything works out well for you.
Sorry for replying to an order thread, but I just saw this.

You are correct in saying that running an "email tune" in a supercharged car is not safe. I don't send out "canned" tunes to anyone other than the customers with an all stock, or mostly stock car (basic bolt ons).

There are just too many variables on cars with extensive modifications or power adders that make me uncomfortable tuning that way. Even if a customer has a setup that is identical to a car I have tuned in the past, you can never rule out installation differences, or poor install jobs.

With the remote tuning that I do, it is done via email, but in a very safe manner. I tune remotely using the exact same method I use tuning in person. Build a conservative base file, load it in, log it at idle and part throttle, make tune adjustments, then log again. Once everything looks good, I proceed to wide open throttle tuning. After each log I make adjustments and dial it in closer and closer until it is perfect.

I honestly believe I can do a better more complete tune this way versus tuning in person due to the limitless time I can spend adjusting every aspect of the tune. Usually when doing a tune in person I only have a few hours with a car. Plus the customer is the one giving feedback. If they don't like the way the car drives, they tell me, and I adjust until they are 100% happy with it.

Just wanted to clear that up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts