Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pretty excited.. the last 3 weekends me and my boyfriend have been working on putting 2 JL Audio 12w3v2's in the trunk of my 2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang. We wanted to see if it was possible to make them removable in case I ever needed to take them out.. Custom Sounds basically laughed at us when we told them what we were doing haha. But anyways we custom built 2 separate boxes for the subs.. fiberglass on the sides to custom fit them over the wheel wells, and the rest MDF. It took forever, but we managed to do it
It hits insanely hard AND I can take them out whenever I want. They're both hooked up to a JL 500/1 amp, with an Alpine head unit.

All thats left to do is put a board over the front so it looks like one big piece.. and then dynamat the hell out of my trunk before my spoiler falls off haha.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Well done Miranda.

Very nice job on the custom fitment. And a belated welcome to the forums. I'd take the 2 12" Type-R's out of my Probe and put them in my Cobra, but I haven't had the time to custom build boxes to fit within my insignificantly small trunk. Plus, where would I put my golf clubs? lol.

Anywho, nice lookin car, and I bet it sounds pretty good, like you were saying. :D

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Couldn't you have just bought two 12" wedge boxes and done that same thing?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe...

but the whole point was having them look built into the trunk..
and having them be removable..

anyway, we had thought it turned out pretty good....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done Miranda.

Very nice job on the custom fitment. And a belated welcome to the forums. I'd take the 2 12" Type-R's out of my Probe and put them in my Cobra, but I haven't had the time to custom build boxes to fit within my insignificantly small trunk. Plus, where would I put my golf clubs? lol.

Anywho, nice lookin car, and I bet it sounds pretty good, like you were saying. :D
ha thanks. i thought it was pretty cool.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Nice system. I want to do something like that with mine.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
maybe...

but the whole point was having them look built into the trunk..
and having them be removable..

anyway, we had thought it turned out pretty good....
+10 for the removable part

But I don't think you captured the "built into the trunk look" IMO.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
i love yellow mustangs, looks like she bumps!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well we just put the face of it in so it looks like one solid piece so now it looks pretty built in

1 - 10 of 10 Posts