Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new smoothline removable hardtop is finally here! Just gotta get it painted.

Here's the dilemma, I was sure that I wanted it white, but now seeing it on the car, I'm not so sure.

So please post on this and tell me what color you think...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol I am painting it no matter what lol.
Not gonna leave it cheap ricer primer. Just wondering what color to paint it.

I'm happy with it, worth the money? I guess we'll see lol

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
www.smoothline.com

As far as the glass, it comes separately to allow you to fit your top to the car first, because every car is gonna be a little different over that big of an area(the whole roof section) then you lock it all in then install the glass...

I think this will end up being a reasonably good investment. More secure, more weather resistant, won't degrade over time like a rag top would, and you don't need a professional to install(although it's recommended) but if you are handy it shouldn't be a problem...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Looks nice, but $1600? Damn that's a lot...

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
Just to make it more desireable for others, you should do an installation writeup. It will probably convince a few more people to be interested. I'd say that it might be worth it considering a brand new rag top and installation is ~$1200...

I guess it come down to if you have $2,000+ on hand, what would you invest it in...

Sent from my DROID Pro using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Someone should do a chop shop with black gloss paint regular rims and them black gloss and black rims.

Sent from somewhere in the world other than home.

·
King Trashmouth
21,886 Posts
I would say matte black to match the decklid.

I've seen other guys color match their hard tops, and it makes it look odd. You look at it and think "Wait, it's got the lines of a coupe, but something looks off..." The matte black helps conceal the fact that it's not a factory coupe top.

And it would look even better with a matte black insert in your hood scoop.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts