Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i gotta smog my car and the smog guy question my fmic my car is an 03 gt with the v1 kit on it its been dyno tuned but now i wanna know if i remove my intercooler will that ruin my tune enough to hurt my car or will i be good to drive it the way it is without it. Thanks guys!

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Under no to low boost it should be fine to take it to the smog asshole, then reinstall.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Are you draw through or blow through?

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blowthru atleast im pretty sure. Im running 8psi

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Take it off, drive like a normal human being to the inspection station then back home to reinstall.

Edit: I don't know what the issue is at the smog station with an intercooler other than the silly ass Cali laws. Intercooler has no impact on smog regs, Crazy Calis.

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool also i have a vmf maf will they ding me on that? And where do i hook up my boost gauge since my bov is removed

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
What I would do, I would take the intercooler off, put the stock intake with MAF on, and just drive it like that. Might have to put the stock injectors back in to.

It wouldnt take that long, just have to take the intercooler off, and a coupler intercooler pipes. And injectors is tit.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I have no idea what Cali smog people will pull on you. My suggestion is roll up with 5 Benjamins and tell him you need to pass your smog test.

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont have the stock maf was hopin to go there and tell him its all part of the kit. If i start changing injectors then ill definately have to retune

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I wouldn't pull all that **** off, i'd take the IC off and attempt it. **** all that work for nothing.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Is he questioning the intercooler or the entire intercooler system with piping? If you just need to take the intercooler off get a piece of aluminum straight pipe and clamp it between the piping where the intercooler would be. Do they pop your hood?

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes they pop the hood hes questioning the whole kit i already took it off and reclocked the supercharger now i just have to route my pcv system and hook up my boost gauge

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Don't you have the CARB numbers? ProChargers ship from the factory with front mounted intercoolers (FMIC) and they are CARB approved. California rules really suck. I've lived there twice but never again. They cannot question it if you have the CARB numbers.

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im pretty sure the vortech v1 kit didnt come with an intercooler

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
No, they don't. But, did the intercooler manufacturer get CARB numbers? I've only looked at it once but there is a list of CARB approved parts. It it isn't on the list then it will not pass California's visual inspection (unless you know the inspector).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts