·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys mean by this?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quad shocks are like horizontal small shocks near the rear springs and shocks. from what I understand, they're supposed to help your launch, but are more beneficial when they're not there, and even more pointless when you have LCA's. So one of the basic fundamentals of weight loss is to ditch them

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
quad shocks arent there to help you launch, they are to prevent wheel hop from the crappy design of the stamped steel LCA's

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
don't you put in better control arms to stop wheel hop on launch? that's why I assumed they helped your launch

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
its not launching that the quads help with, they help with everything that LCA's take care off when you put an aftermarket set on.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so with a set of aftermarket LCA's i can ditch them? will getting rid of them make wheel hop worse?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
so with a set of aftermarket LCA's i can ditch them? will getting rid of them make wheel hop worse?
Unless you run at the drag strip and trying to get your best short time (60'), I would keep them installed even going with aftermarket LCA's.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
aftermarket control arms take away the problems from the stock control arms and quads are not longer needed. You can keep them if you want but they arent needed and probably wont even tell a difference

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts

these guys.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah i see, hopefully i can pick up some LCA's this summer and ditch em!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Don't mean to be a dick here but f8l you said they don't help with launching and then you said it's not just launching that they help with... You confused me there for a second lol.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
launching at the track they dont help with, but if you were to get on it at the street say at a stop light, then they help a little. When i here someone say launch, to me its leaving the line at high rpm's. in instances light that, quads do nothing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts