Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like it is doable. How would one go about taking off the stripe down the sides of the car?

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
use a heat gun if available, then peel it off slowly, and if it leaves any sticky **** behind use paint thinner or maybe goo gone to get it off, goo gone would take longer though

·
Banned
808 Posts
wd-40 on a paper towel
works like a charm

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
my brother in law has a stripe remover that goes in a drill, it's like a big eraser kinda thing, he said it works like a charm and wont damage the paint. unless you just sit there and let the friction build up of course

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
bucket of water and a razor blade is how Ive always done it. hair dyer helps

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
bucket of water and a razor blade is how Ive always done it. hair dyer helps
+1 but i would use the plastic razer blade because IMO it is harder to mess up the paint with them.

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
definitely use a hair dryer or heat gun. that makes the sticky stuff bot sticky anymore. use something with a plastic wedge to get under the stripe and pull slowly while keeping the heat right in front of where you are pulling. it might leave some sticky stuff behind but if it does get a towel and warm water to remove it. if you use something and scopp up the clear coat dont freak out... just buff it and you will be fine

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
ya i used a hair dryer, plastic putty knife, and sticker shock. it worked really good i was impressed

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
you may have to worry about some paint fade too :dunno

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
About how long does it take? Should I boil the water or just warm water?
warm water.. not boiling.... remember you have to dip the towel in it and scrub off any sticky stuff thats left... i dont think you want to be holding a towel that has just been dipped in boiling water

·
Registered
247 Posts
dang u guys make it sound hard. i just used my fingernail and got the corner up and just pulled it off slowly. came off like a charm. oh yea and then wash the area off when ur done cuz there will probably be some white marks from dried wax (if u ever wax ur car) stuck between the sticker and car. just scrub hard with car wash soap and water and everything will come off.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
dang u guys make it sound hard. i just used my fingernail and got the corner up and just pulled it off slowly. came off like a charm. oh yea and then wash the area off when ur done cuz there will probably be some white marks from dried wax (if u ever wax ur car) stuck between the sticker and car. just scrub hard with car wash soap and water and everything will come off.
doing that sometimes leaves the sticky residue from the sticker

1 - 18 of 18 Posts