Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible? I don't know about your guys' cars but, on my drivers window it seems to have 3 or 4 vertical scratches.. I was going to tint the windows and not i'm thinking that the scratches will be easier to see with the tint..

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
It all depends on the depth of the scratches can you catch your nail in them, if you can not much can be done for them if not let me know man. Pics would also help:)

Reactions: MikeJones

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Superficial scratches are one thing, but if you can feel them, nothing I can think of can be done.

Anyone?

Reactions: MikeJones

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
A really heavy dose of compounding would help round the edges down, but nothing can remove a scratch you can feel like that, short of a new window. I have a problem just like this with my driver side window.

·
MM's unluckiest member
3,351 Posts
Superficial scratches are one thing, but if you can feel them, nothing I can think of can be done.

Anyone?
superficial? meaning ?
because i have some deep scratches in my window:(

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
superficial? meaning ?
because i have some deep scratches in my window:(
He means light scratches check out what I first posted to Mikejones man:yes

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A really heavy dose of compounding would help round the edges down, but nothing can remove a scratch you can feel like that, short of a new window. I have a problem just like this with my driver side window.
Yeah its my drivers window as well.. The passenger side looks mint but my drives side is all kinds of ****ed up.

It looks like its gonna have to be a replacement.. I'll worry about that when im done with the motor and suspension mods.

Thanks everyone.

PS. I bought a rotory today :) 50 bucks and it goes up to 3000rpm. Siminez or some ****. dunno. But i'm going to be ordering pads soon.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Yeah its my drivers window as well.. The passenger side looks mint but my drives side is all kinds of ****ed up.

It looks like its gonna have to be a replacement.. I'll worry about that when im done with the motor and suspension mods.

Thanks everyone.

PS. I bought a rotory today :) 50 bucks and it goes up to 3000rpm. Siminez or some ****. dunno. But i'm going to be ordering pads soon.
Hope you know how to use a rotary and well too...if not your ride will be looking worse instead of better man.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope you know how to use a rotary and well too...if not your ride will be looking worse instead of better man.
I'll practice on my truck.

Look at cerium oxide polish offerings from Eastwood Co. and others online... it's worth a try before investing in new glass.
Thanks, i'll definitly check it out

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah I know what scratches you are talking about. Every Ford vehicle I have had or seen whether it was a Ford or Lincoln has the vertical scratches on the drivers window. I was told it was something to do with the way they make their doors, don't know if that is any truth or not. Some vehicles have deeper ones than others. Everytime I wax, I just go over my window and it sort of hides the scratches until I roll window down again. But on my navigator the scratches never blend in. Good luck with them

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I know certain yrs of the s197s have that issue

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i have that issue!

all you can do is just fill it in....every time i wash it i just slab a little quickwax on it and it fills in nicely and you can't even tell it's there

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Mother's has it right. It's the ONLY thing that will really fix scratches on glass. I could never find any locally. I had to get some online but I wasn't using it for automotive glass but my sliding glass door. LOL

Also, good luck with that rotary. It's not something I would ever recommend to someone who hasn't used a DA, PC, etc for a bit to learn basics.

Yeah I know what scratches you are talking about. Every Ford vehicle I have had or seen whether it was a Ford or Lincoln has the vertical scratches on the drivers window. I was told it was something to do with the way they make their doors, don't know if that is any truth or not. Some vehicles have deeper ones than others. Everytime I wax, I just go over my window and it sort of hides the scratches until I roll window down again. But on my navigator the scratches never blend in. Good luck with them
Completely false..

I know certain yrs of the s197s have that issue
Not quite. 2005-2007 Mustangs had weatherstripping on the interior side of the window without felt on it. Once you added tint it would scratch the window because small pieces of dirt, etc getting trapped on the weatherstripping.

In 2008 they corrected this and made a new weatherstripping with felt on it. Never an issue with the glass being scratched, only the tint.

i have that issue!

all you can do is just fill it in....every time i wash it i just slab a little quickwax on it and it fills in nicely and you can't even tell it's there
That's interesting. I'm not seeing how any quick wax would fill in any scratch that's capable of being felt with your finger nail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts