Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I wanted to remove the drivers seat and swap it with the passenger seat, as that one is much more comfortable... or get new seats alltogether. however, I have an issue, of course.
The power moving capability thing is dead. When you try and move it backwards, the right side kinda rocks back an inch or so, and then just makes a noise like something is jammed.

Basically I'm assuming the motor is dead, and I'd like to remove the seat, but the nut is in a spot under the seat where it would require the seat to be moved forward to reach it....
I can get the front one out, but not the rear.

What can I do?

·
Registered
938 Posts
a wrench?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't physically get to it...

Is there a way to move the seat manually?

·
Registered
444 Posts
i have my seats swapped. i grabbed a 2 foot pieve of speaker wire and extended the harness. ran if under console to passenger side and cant even tell. and these are 2001 BULLITT seats in a 97

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
15mm wrench, confused on my you can't get to it. Can you at least see the rear bolts? They may be under the black plastic covers if those are still there from the factory.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a 93 GT.

Yeah, I can see the rear bolts, I can almost put a wrench on them, but there just isn't enough clearance. I can raise the seat up and down, but not move it forward/backwards at all.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump?

Is there any way I can move the seat forward manually?

·
Registered
444 Posts
The power seat on my 97 doesnt work. I was able to unbolt it and flip the seat back, and I was trying to get it working again. But anyway, after I got it ready to bolt back down again, i noticed that the seat tracks were un-even, and I couldnt get them to line up with the holes in the floor.
I removed the plastic cover on the driver side of the seat, and there is a long "bolt" looking track down the side, and if I remember correctly, I was able to take it loose, and with a wrench, adjust it to get the seat take lined back up again.
SO, it MIGHT be possible that you can take the plastic off/loose of the side of the seat and see if you see anything you can turn manually. It was over a year that I messed with mine, so I dont clearly remember. But I figured after reading your thread, that this is somewhat useful maybe? lol

I too am still confused as to why you cant get to the nut/bolt head with a long wrench though.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Use a big hammer. lol. Try a longer wrench.

If you can see it and put a hand on it, you can get it with your tool. :D

Try getting it from the back, front, or side.

·
Registered
444 Posts
yaa, there HAS to be a way to get to that with a longer wrench. Its not like the seat is bolted down in the middle is it? lol.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll keep trying for it. I just want to be able to adjust the damn seat, lol

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
can you take the other 3 bolts loose, and then just pick up on the seat a lil bit to be able to get a wrench on it??

·
Registered
519 Posts
plamsa cutter?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I gave up. I could not get to it. The seat was just all the way back, and covering the bolt. I can get the front 2 off with ease, but I guess they're just gonna stay there...

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Not enough room? Cant you use an open end wrench and slide it right on? There cant be something blocking it all the way around it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts