Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrghhhh. So I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but I've got an old accord that had a case of the purple tint. So, I was removing the tint, but I messed up and only got the first layer. So, now I've got the blurry glue all over. I've removed bits and pieces of it with a blade, but it's tedious and difficult. I've tried using my heat gun, ammonia, windex, Goof-Off. I'm out of ideas guys.

It's just not coming off very well at all.... any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I used this bottle of crap I got at a car place. Probably over-payed for it. It was ridiculously easy to take the tint and adhesive off. Of course I covered it with black trash bags and let it soak in the sun for 2 hours. I even did the back window and didn't take out any heating elements.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thing is, the tint is already off. It came off easy. The glue is what is still there. They separated, didn't come off as one piece.

·
Registered
444 Posts
ive done the same thing. go with WD40 (i used this cause it was in garage) grab and kitchen sponge with the rough side. spray sponge good with wd40, can also spray on window a little if wanted, and it will take it off. took me 20 minites to do the whole backglass on my old 94 before i sold it. the areas that didnt wanna come off just let the spong sit on it a wile. keep the glue wet for a few minites

·
Registered
444 Posts
guess all the fumes in his car got to him and he passes out lol. hopefully your alright buddy!!!!

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
amonia worked for me, very well actually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts