Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their a washer or something on the other side of the water pump that helps hold the 4 bolts onto the water pump? I'm having a hell of a time trying to remove the water pump pulley so I can put a factory one back on. Also the bolts are supposed to be 3/8"? I have 2 3/8" sockets 1 doesnt fit the other one does fit but its not really tight?

·
Registered
309 Posts
10mm bolts, I used a screwdriver to hold the pully still while I turned the bolts, or you can use 2 10mm wrenchs (one to hold pully still, one to loosen bolt.)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol what a pain in the ass this is. How is a screwdriver or breaker bar supposed to keep the pulley still?

·
Registered
309 Posts
lol what a pain in the ass this is. How is a screwdriver or breaker bar supposed to keep the pulley still?
Use a screwdriver long enough to put diagonally between two of the bolts and loosen another then just rotate the pulley until all are loose. Kinda hard to explain I guess. Each end of the screwdriver should be pointing towards your fenders.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Or hold the pulley with a strap-wrench--I have a plumbing wrench on which I replaced the nylon strap with a piece of old poly-V belt. Works every time on both flat and grooved pulleys:

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Or hold the pulley with a strap-wrench--I have a plumbing wrench on which I replaced the nylon strap with a piece of old poly-V belt. Works every time on both flat and grooved pulleys:

This is what I used

1 - 14 of 14 Posts