Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang!

Anyone know what to use to remove wax from the little black trim pieces? Got a little over zealous in some spots and have had a heck of a time removing the reside. Have even tried Simple Green and a tooth brush...nuthin. :(

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I wouldn't put consentrated simple green on your paint honestly.

just use a plastic cleaner and a cotton rag

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry - should have clarified that - diluted in a bucket of water to scrub the top and used that mix to try to remove the residue but it didn't work. Thanks for the heads up though - I've never put the full strength on the paint but good to know it's not something to do.

What kind of plastic cleaner do you use?

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys! I've got Dawn in the kitchen - if that doesn't take it off, I'll get the Plastix stuff... :) Just got some photos loaded - trying to figure out how to upload them now.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
just don't get the dawn on your paint it will take the clear coat right off

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
That real hi dollar wax (can't for the life of remember the name) rec.s Dawn to get the old wax off before starting to apply their product.

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow - okay. Thanks! I used Dawn a couple times last year to wash the car. Didn't notice any problems but it was diluted in a bucket. Are you maybe referring to using undiluted Dawn on the paint?

War Party - when I try it on the plastic, should I try it straight, slightly diluted or really diluted?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
rag and elbow grease is how I always did it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts