Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this may be a stupid question, but I don't see the 3 bolts everyone refers to in order to remove the window motor from the regulator. What I see is very similar to the picture attached. I see three bolts, but the thread size is facing out, not the bolt head. Am I missing something? I thought removing just the motor was possible?

Attachments

·
All **** All The Time
2,917 Posts
Its just behind the speaker on my 03 GT. You should be able to see the white motor housing as well. This is what I hit with the back of a screw driver to get it working again after over a year of not being able to roll down my window.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Go to 1:32 on this video and pause it. You see the white motor housing just to the left of the speaker? Thats the window motor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its just behind the speaker on my 03 GT. You should be able to see the white motor housing as well. This is what I hit with the back of a screw driver to get it working again after over a year of not being able to roll down my window.
Yeah I know where the motor is but I don’t see how people unbolt the motor since the bolt heads are facing the back. My question is is it possible to replace just the motor on this gen?

·
All **** All The Time
2,917 Posts
Yeah I know where the motor is but I don’t see how people unbolt the motor since the bolt heads are facing the back. My question is is it possible to replace just the motor on this gen?
Is there 2 rivets on yours? What year is your car? Mine has bolts but it could have been replaced before I bought it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there 2 rivets on yours? What year is your car? Mine has bolts but it could have been replaced before I bought it.

It’s a 2002. Looks like there are three bolts but the thread side is facing towards me. Not sure if it would be possible to get something behind there to unscrew them. It looks almost exactly like the one in the picture I posted (you can see the 3 bolts).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ratcheting wrenches. You got a good set?
Ah good idea! Looks like its screw heads though. I wonder if I could find something similar to a ratcheting wrench for those.

One other thing. I've been reading there may be a risk of the getting injured from the spring when taking off the motor? Anyone know if this is true?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts