Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
haynes manual is great for general stuff and even include detailed jobs. great pics too. its based on an entire tear down and rebuild of the car

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
depends what you need it for. factory manuals are the best but be prepared to spend alot of money. just basic crap, look on half.com and get whatevers cheapest, haynes or chilton are pretty much the same thing (i've had both for different cars, dont prefer one over the other)
i got my chilton on half.com for $.75 + shipping, so like $4 total and its in perfect condition.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I've always used haynes for my cars and I like them. I've used a couple of chiltons for old motorcycles and they were good too, no complaints about either.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
depends what you need it for. factory manuals are the best but be prepared to spend alot of money. just basic crap, look on half.com and get whatevers cheapest, haynes or chilton are pretty much the same thing (i've had both for different cars, dont prefer one over the other)
i got my chilton on half.com for $.75 + shipping, so like $4 total and its in perfect condition.
Ha ha, four dollars! That's awesome

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i have a manual but hell, i cant read so it does me no good!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
chilton's manual its pretty good i used it when i removed my heads and thought it was pretty good and had some good pics

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Haynes. I have it and its only failed me once. Doesnt have enough detail in certain jobs. ex: window motor removal and regulator removal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a haynes and I wanted more detail it just doesn't nave it and It lack's alot for more serious jobs. for about the same price I got a Factory ford manual on cd, and immediately I knew I got a cd-manual that the pro's use.We bought 3 more since then, another Ford and a mercrusier for the boat(factory too) and a Yammy atv and it was factory. I got the website saved to my favorites, the name is Repairmanualworld, oh yea, free shipping and a 30 day guarantee.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Thanks for the link Mudflap. Reps.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I have a Haynes manual and it's like my Bible. I might pick up a Chilton as well just for extra references.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Ford workshop manual, cd or book, ebay. that is all:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts