Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 3 days ago my battery went on me so I changed it and drove the car for 3 days. Today I go through inspection and fail because the system isn't "ready." Guy tells me it's because the system resets when you pull the battey which I knew and that he can't get a reading. He tells me to drive it about 150 miles and come back. I'm not driving 150 miles in a few days, that's a full tank of gas atleast which is about $60 right now. Does anyone know how many on/off cycles or whatever it takes to reset the stupid computer? Everything passed except a fail for "system readiness"

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response I only said that because some cars I've heard require so many times of starting stopping the engine.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
If you follow that drive cycle you won't have any problems. If you have a tuner or code checker you can check if the system is ready before the inspection.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That drive cycle is ridiculous but I'll give it a shot. If I take off to 65 at more then half throttle I have a 90% chance of getting pulled over this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again thanks for the response though. Guess I gotta waste a ton of gas to pass inspection. This state is bullshit.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
You only have to go to 45mph at half throttle so don't worry about getting pulled over. I think I did the whole drive cycle in less than half an hour before and you've probably already done most of it.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
don't feel to bad...i drove the v6 with out of date tags (over 5 months out of date) due to that reason...after the car sat for 5 months the battery needed a charge so i took it out and let it get back in working order....took the car to the emissions building next day and they said it'd need to complete the drive cycle...so yea...5 days of local driving w/o tags :yes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts