Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i replaced the clutch pilot bearing and throwout bearing clutch cable firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant from steeda. I replaced all this so my clutch would be easier to press down and it has not worked. I mean this thing probably requires around 60-80 pounds of force it seems to press it down. Now i have felt other mustang clutches and none of them feels like mine does.

what is wrong with my car before i sell it i cant have my leg killing me all summer! i want something fun to drive.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
what clutch do you have?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
ah... well you dont really need to mount the cable.. i didnt, just try to make it have the biggest loop possible and that should help some?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
some clutches are just hard to press

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
take the inspection cover off the trans and make sure the fork is all the way on the pivot ball. If it is, then its just the nature of the clutch and the joys of having a mechanical clutch set up

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
did you check if it was the pedal itself that is stiff? when the cable is detached from the pedal it should be really easy to move around.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It was like this before the firewall adjuster? When I put in my new clutch quadrant/cable/firewall adjuster, it was INSANE how stiff the clutch was. I could barely press it down. After around 1k miles or so, it loosened up to the stock clutch feel.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Did you put some grease on the shaft where the TOB goes? Do you still have the OEM cable? Any kinks or anything in the clutch cable?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts