Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need new stock replacement motor mounts for my car and I was wondering if there's any brand in particular that I should buy or stay away from. These are the only ones I've found for sale so far:

Anchor Brand $36.43
AutoZone Duralast $58.98
Ford Motorcraft $87.07

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out that the Duralast ones at Autozone are actually the Anchor brand ones sold at RockAuto. I ordered the Autozone ones since they have a lifetime warranty through them, and me and my clutch may decide to tear the mounts apart again.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Even if they have life time warranty your still going to have to go to the trouble to take them out if something happens. I would have gone with oem. IMO

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but they shouldn't be to much worse then OEM if they're worse at all. Plus if I install them at the shop and print out a work order that shows billable hours I can get reimbused for the time if they fail and have to be replaced again.

When I ordered the mounts they were actually paying out to a guy that had bought a transmission from them that started leaking after it was installed. They were covering the cost of labor and giving him a new trans.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Yeah but they shouldn't be to much worse then OEM if they're worse at all. Plus if I install them at the shop and print out a work order that shows billable hours I can get reimbused for the time if they fail and have to be replaced again.

When I ordered the mounts they were actually paying out to a guy that had bought a transmission from them that started leaking after it was installed. They were covering the cost of labor and giving him a new trans.
Well they are not going to pay you if you dont have your car for a week while its at the shop.

Anyways, IMO 40 bucks more for OEM would have been worth it, hell you could have probably gotten them at tousley ford for less than the autozone ones.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car won't be at any shop for a week, lol. It's a two hour flat rate job that I'd be doing myself, I'll just have all the paper work from the shop so I can get reimbursed for my labor if need be. They only reimburse labor costs if they are under the impression that I paid to have the parts installed, the average guy in his driveway won't get paid for his time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts