Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand turbo should I use as a replacement for the on3 turbo,IM keeping the piping just replacing the turbo...

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Precision/Turbonetics/Garret. I think those 3 are all good.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Check treadstone they carry garett t3/t4 style turbos.......im not a turbo guru but i would imagine so but i could very well be wrong

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
just because its a t4 doesnt mean its a direct replacement... the standard on3 turbo i believe is a 2.5in out and 3in inlet or something..t4s range from 2in inlet and outlet to 6in inlet and 4in outlet..the on3 standard turbo is actually a really small 62mm or whatever it is.. i would do a t4 billet 67mm with a 4in inlet 3in outlet..make better power and better spool on same boost since its sucking in more and air putting more air out..

so if you get a t4 will it bolt on to the flange yes..will it bolt on to the vband down pipe,filter fit and coupler fit on the out let..if you get the exact spec'd size turbo it will.. but like i said i wouldnt..

if you get a slightly bigger turbo with bigger inlet and outlet all you have to do is get a filter with a bigger inlet and a another coupler for the outlet..so not to challenging at lol..

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
and since your replacing the turbo..dont settle for the cheapest one because you already have the cheapest turbo lol...settle for the better turbo that will do what you want it to do and last..

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and since your replacing the turbo..dont settle for the cheapest one because you already have the cheapest turbo lol...settle for the better turbo that will do what you want it to do and last..
YESSA BOSS! LOL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts