Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put new underlayment under the rear seat. It was made of some sticky tar/asphalt stuff on one side and the other side was made of recycled like grey fabric and thread stuff. I put the sticky tar like side down against the floor and the fabric like side up against the bottom of the seat. The problem is that I want to remove the new underlayment to look at the date code on the floor but the underlayment tar side is so sticky it cannot me removed without destroying the new underlayment. Is this how these underlayment are supposed to be and is this how the factory peices where made? I tar side also had plastic on it which I peeled off, was I supposed to leave this on so it is not so sticky? Maybe this pieces are just not made to ever be removed... Or was the tar side supposed to point up towards the bottom of the seat? I also have flowmaster mufflers relatively close to the floor, is there any chance of this stuff catching on fire? I was thinking of taking it out and putting in one from mustangs unlimited.
Mustangs unlimited one looks like the whole piece is made of the same material, unlike the one i have now.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i remeber when pulling mine out of took ALOT to get it off. i feel sure you did yours right

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, just wondering if it is really supposed to be like this, the mufflers get the floor VERY hot and the tar stuff turns very sticky and gooey, it better be flame retardant.

·
Registered
444 Posts
add a heat shield maybe. but with it allready being hot its too late now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts