Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I was trying to take my air filter out earlier to swap it out,.. or clean it, whatever.... But I couldnt get it out, Its a mac cai... I took off the screws to the maf and then the screw on the big metal piece that holds the tube connecting to the air filter.. (the triangular piece that bolts to your car) But I couldnt get the bottom left rubber plug thing to come lose...

Does anyone have any ideas on how to take out my airfilter​

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have no idea on the MAC CAI. When I bought my car, I went to replace the filter and I couldn't get it off either. When I replaced the intake I noticed that the previous owner had used liquid nails to keep the filter from falling off of the intake. Maybe someone did the same to yours..I can't really help you over the internet.

·
Registered
927 Posts
go under the car and try pushing the item out or tug up on it .
it should be held inplace by 2 rubber washers but the former owner or whom ever installed it might have screwed it down

look at pic #16 & 18 on this sheet from S&B( i know its notthe same filter set up but it helps you understand) and you will see where it goes in .
http://www.sbfilters.com/pdf/install_110_75-2519-3.pdf

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah.. I havent messed with it since yesterday.. I havent tried pulling the filter off yet,, ( reaching from under the fender) My problem is the big flat sheet of metal that curves against the inside of the fram under the hood.. It kinda looks like a triangle, Id post a pic but im at school in accounting class. Theres 3 bolts that connect to it, the bottom 2 I believe are just connected to 2 rubber things to keep it tight, and a bolt on top that actually holds the big metal triangle thing.. I got the top screw out easily no problem, but I cant get the bottom left rubber thing to pop out.. Is it easy to take off the filter and put it back on by just reaching from under the car?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
go under the car and try pushing the item out or tug up on it .
it should be held inplace by 2 rubber washers but the former owner or whom ever installed it might have screwed it down

look at pic #16 & 18 on this sheet from S&B( i know its notthe same filter set up but it helps you understand) and you will see where it goes in .
http://www.sbfilters.com/pdf/install_110_75-2519-3.pdf
Thats my problem,... I can only get one of the rubber grommets to pop off of the metal thing.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thats my problem,... I can only get one of the rubber grommets to pop off of the metal thing.
just tug in it .also you can get to this from under the car .just crawl under the front nose and look up you can see the gromets .

·
Registered
175 Posts
I hear your pain with the CAI, Best way, go under the car just behind the front passanger wheel, pull the panels down/out of the way. Take a flat head screw driver with you, once you pull the panels down you will have a straight shot to your filter, use the screwdriver losen the clamp, and Wala, you got your filter off.

Took me an hour to figure this out myself, that it just takes 5mins to remove the filter :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts