Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
You need to disassemble like half the interior of the car to get to everything and it's a giant pain in the ass. I started the process, realized really quickly that I was not equipped to spend an entire weekend dealing with it and gave it to my mechanic who took two days to do it. I recommend swapping to a Cobra top if you can; they are much higher quality. To answer your question though, the tops and the assembly for them should not have changed between 01-04. The changes in the model in 2001 were primarily drivetrain related.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to disassemble like half the interior of the car to get to everything and it's a giant pain in the ass. I started the process, realized really quickly that I was not equipped to spend an entire weekend dealing with it and gave it to my mechanic who took two days to do it. I recommend swapping to a Cobra top if you can; they are much higher quality. To answer your question though, the tops and the assembly for them should not have changed between 01-04. The changes in the model in 2001 were primarily drivetrain related.

Cool thanks! So the thread must be right for the most part in it being a tedious process. Oh well, will be a fun project if I end up getting one.

I definitely am only looking to get a Cobra top. Hopefully can find one in good shape near me!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
one day im going to be doing this as well Subbed in for your pain Lol

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
one day im going to be doing this as well Subbed in for your pain Lol
for all of the work you've done... the top will be a walk in the park.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My top is frayed, headboard is rusting/peeling, and one of my lifts is slower than the other. Decided to go ahead and buy an entire cobra top/frame on eBay for $560 shipped (https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557). Was going to cost me about $1000 to just replace the top with no warranty, so I figured for half the price it was worth it. Will update on how it is when it arrives!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts